Sunday, February 8, 2009

25 Random Facts About Me

I actually received a couple of tags for this on Facebook and I posted it there. But I also thought that since it took me quite a bit of time, I could get a little more use out of it by posting it here too. If anyone else wants to play along, please do. The instructions were to share 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about yourself. It's actually harder than it sounds like it would be, but really fun too.

1.I’ve always wanted to try karaoke but I’m too chicken to really go for it. Plus I don’t really frequent bars and clubs so that doesn’t help.
2.I had all of my kids without pain meds of any kind…on purpose.
3.I can’t eat off of metal eating utensils if I’m eating out of a metal dish, such as a skillet, pie plate or mess kit. It makes the silverware taste too metal-y and it stings my tongue.
4.I hate to call reading one of my hobbies. I feel like it makes me sound nerdy. But I really do like reading.
5.I’ve never been toilet-papering.
6.I hate leaving voice mail messages.
7. I love playing with play-doh with my kids.
8.When I was growing up we had a pet duck for a while.
9.I’ve always wanted to live outside of Utah but so far, that hasn’t happened.
10.Sometimes I think about going back to school for a Master’s Degree.
11.I kind of wish I hadn’t started this. I’m only on number 11 and I’m running out of steam.
12.I accidentally count things. I don’t have to end on any certain number or anything, I just count. I count things like the number of steps I take when going up and down stairs, when I chop vegetables, and how many items I put away as I empty the dishwasher.
13.I get dizzy quite easily, as in, ring-around-the rosies is too much for me.
14.Sometimes I like being able to go to work and get a break from the kids.
15.I have a bidet in my house… Don’t ask.
16.My husband and I own a cow.
17.I’ve never been to a drive-in movie.
18.I sometimes look at newly married young couples and think that I’m just like them. Then I remember that I’ve been married for almost 10 years and I have 3 kids. To them I'm practically a senior citizen.
19.I’m a major night owl.
20.When I was playing with Transformers with my kids yesterday I started to wonder if it’s uncomfortable for the Transformers to hold the positions they are in when they’re cars, airplanes etc. Then I remembered they’re not real and don’t have feelings.
21.I always compare things to other non-related things. For example, I see cars and compare them to shoes, fish, whales etc.
22.I worry that those last two items make me sound a little crazy but since I’m writing this at 4:30 AM, it’s not too surprising.
23.I’m not a very good at keeping the house clean all the time but I don’t feel guilty about it. But sometimes I feel guilty that I don’t feel guilty about it. (Again, refer to #22)
24.I never wanted to be a nurse as a profession but that’s what I am now.
25.This list was a lot harder for me than I thought it would be, and I’m really glad I'm done.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I did this on facebook too after receiving several tags. I loved #20. I sort of do that same thing, but with shows or movies that Emma watches. For example, the other day Emma was watching Thomas the Train and I started wondering why if all the trains have engineers on them (you know they do because it shows them and talks about them sometimes), why these engineers don't stop the trains from doing the stupid things they do, or at least share the blame and responsibility afterwards. I then remember that it's a kids show, and so they don't feel the need to tie up all these loose ends.

ClancyPants said...

HAAAAAAAAA!!!! I'm still waiting to do the FB tag. I think I've been tagged about 15 times now... does that mean I have to do (calculating 15 x 25) 375 random things? ;)

I really loved this list! Yours was way better than most that I've read. Funnier and offered more insight into your personality than most. Good job and I'm glad you did this. :)

Can you teach me how to not feel guilty that I am not good at keeping my house clean? I need some guilt to go away.

shana said...

I'm impressed you finished, I started one about 3 months ago and got two or three done then gave up! It is harder than you think. Good job!-maybe you'll motivate me to finish.