I absolutely love Valentine's Day, and this year, my day was perfect. We actually started celebrating a day early by going out to dinner on Friday night. I had to work right on Valentine's Day so Casey and I had a date the night before. Just the two of us went out to dinner and we really had a great time. It's so nice to be able to have an uninterrupted conversation once in a while. And our food was fantastic, I love crab legs.
Then on the morning of Valentine's Day, before I went to work, I made heart-shaped pancakes for the kids and let Casey sleep in. Once Casey was up we gave the kids a little Valentine's present and then we all indulged in some chocolate dipped strawberries, one of my Valentine's favorites. Casey and I also exchanged Valentine cards, we don't really do gifts for each other on Valentine's day. After that, it was time for me to go to work. The working part of the day wasn't the greatest, but since we took care of the date part a day early I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. My Valentine's day had everything I needed to make it just perfect. I love it when that happens.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you had a good weekend. My parents celebrated on friday too, but their reason was because it was friday the 13th. They were married on friday 13th in april, and always celebrate them. That's not when they planned on getting married, but it just worked out that way. Sounds like you had a special evening out, which can always be fun.
Cute! I love hearing about what other people do on Valentine's day. It's never been a holiday I loved (ever since I got into Jr. High and we stopped getting to make Valentine's boxes) and so I like to hear about other people loving it.
Post a Comment