Monday, February 9, 2009

Manic Monday: Wear

You would think I'd be used to it by now, but I was shocked when I went to Target recently and noticed that they already have quite a large swimwear display. Many stores do this type of thing. You can easily find swimwear and flip-flops in February and March, and snow boots are a piece of cake to find in August.

But that all causes problems for me. You see, I'm not mentally ready to buy swimwear when there's still snow outside or boots when I'm wearing flip-flops on a daily basis. So I wait until the weather necessitates the use of certain seasonal attire. But that's when such seasonal items are nearly impossible to find. Believe me, I've run into some problems finding seasonal items during the season they're intended for.

So I guess it's time to prepare for summer and start stocking up on summer clothing and footwear for myself and my family. Otherwise, we may all still be wearing our snow boots in June. But who knows, maybe people will just think we're getting ready for winter. After all, that's when the boot displays will all be fully stocked.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Uggh! I am ALWAYS so annoyed by stores doing this. I can't get Emma a swimsuit or summer shoes too early because she grows (like all kids) too much. So when she has an ugly swimsuit and yucky sandals this summer you'll know that I made the mistake of waiting and found a very pitiful selection. Stupid stores. Why can't they have a permanent (perhaps small) section yearround to these items? Eventually they'll get sold, and then those of us who aren't permanently living our lives 6 months ahead of time will be able to shop too.

Jessica said...

Um, and can I say that I hate that 99% of the swimsuits at Target are those tiny string bikinis? What the heck? It doesn't make sense when probably .01% of the population could get away with wearing one. Ugh. Where are the normal modest ones?