I love the things my kids say. They are so funny and creative. I had to put these on here so I wouldn't forget.
I was stirring some ground beef in a hot skillet while preparing dinner one evening, and Jace walked up next to me and looked into the pan. Suddenly he said, "Golly, that looks hot." I could barely reply. But I did manage to ask him where that word came from. He said it was on The Fox and the Hound.
Apparently that movie has some good lines because this next one was courtesy of that movie as well. Thank you Disney.
I was driving home from the store with all of the kids in the car and I had to stop at a red light a little faster than I anticipated. (But I didn't exactly slam on the breaks either.) Anyway, as I was trying to slow down in time, Jace cautioned me by saying, " Whoa...Easy there old girl." He sounded just like an old farmer trying to soothe a nervous horse.
This next one is a Jace original.
Jace: Mom, why are dreams called dreams?
Me: I don't know
Jace: They should be called night wishes....or sleeping wishes.
Me: Oooh I like that. I think that's a good name for them too.
Here's a couple from Camden
Jace was talking about how if he fell, he could break his arm. Camden's reply was, " If Jace broke his arm off he would go to the hospital...and get a new one!"
Every night this conversation takes place:
Me: Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite. (He likes me to say this to him because I say it to Jace.)
Camden; Don't let the bugs bite. But the bugs [are] outside. Hiding under the snow. In the mud. They won't get me.
Me: No sweetie, they won't get you. Good night
Camden: Good night
Any time Camden gets in trouble and goes to time-out he tells me this, "I not your best son. I only Daddy's best son." But when Casey puts him in time-out, then he's my best son and not Casey's
Even Alek has some good timing. He doesn't take enough to have a quote on here yet but he loves to nod his head yes. He usually does this when I'm telling him not to do something. But he also nods with me in agreement occasionally. For example; today I changed his diaper and told him it was so stinky. He wholeheartedly agreed with me by nodding emphatically with a very serious look on his face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What cute boys!
Post a Comment