Today I registered to vote and you still can too. I missed the deadline to do a mail-in registration, but you can register in-person until the 20th. That really only gives you two days (Friday and Monday) to do it, but I encourage you to register to vote if you can make time for it. This election is going to be a memorable one. It already has been in many ways, so make sure you're a part of it. Get yourself registered to vote so you can participate in such an important and interesting election. Wow, that sounds just like a commercial.
Smiley List
1-I had a great birthday and don't feel sad at all about being 30!
2-Camden is potty trained.
3-The way Alek looks in his winter hat.
4-Jace loves school so much he cried when I told him he had a few days off for Fall Break.
5-All the kids have their Halloween costumes ready and they are so excited for Halloween.
6-This conversation between Jace and Camden (Jace was describing something he saw):
JACE-It was black and white like a fire dog or a cow.
CAMDEN-I wanna see the fire cow.
7-This conversation between Jace and me. (I had been on the phone with Casey and said, "Bye Babe" before hanging up.)
JACE-Mom, what does babe mean?
ME-It's something you call someone you love, like if they're your sweetie. It's like saying baby, but shorter.
JACE-Oh, well I love Isabel. She's my babe. (Isabel is his little friend who lives next door).
I had to throw a few extras in there, I haven't done my smiley list for a while. But it is working. Instead of complaining about how rough, busy and terrible my day was when Casey gets home, now I'm telling him how fun, happy and fantastic our day was and why. I love it!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Seriously! That "Babe" conversation killed me!! LOL! What a cute kid!
And GOOD for you on tweaking your perspective enough with your smiley list that you smile about your day to your husband instead of complain! That is SO awesome and such a testament of how our attitude determines our altitude. Good job! :)
Sweet for the potty training! We just got Shadrack to potty train too. It saves you a ton of time if you remind them to go on the toilet, other wise it can take more time:) I know from experience. Also Happy B-day!
It was great to see you guys today! I can't believe how big your boys are getting. Our timing for moving to Park City sure didn't work out to well for getting back in closer contact with you guys. We're looking forward to all getting together sometime before Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment