Monday, October 6, 2008

Manic Monday: Leaf

It's strange that I've never liked fall. I'm not sure why. I guess I never understood what was so great about the color change and death of a leaf, or why the death of thousands of them in masses is so wonderful. The leaves change color, die and fall from the trees as a precursor to winter; a cold and gloomy time of year with short days and long, cold nights.

But this year I have decided to turn over a new leaf (pun intended) and think of reasons I should love this time of year.

-My birthday is in the fall.
-The colors of the changing leaves really are beautiful (despite my depressing description of them above).
-Thanksgiving is in the fall.
-I LOVE back to school time, always have.
-It starts to get cold enough at night that we can use our fireplace.
-The smells of apple pie, pumpkin cookies, a jack-o-lantern with a candle burning in it, and fallen leaves.
-The sound and feel of leaves crunching under my feet when I walk.

I'm sure in the morning or even as I drift off to sleep I'll think of a few more things I could add to the list but it's late so I'm going to leave it at that. And I'm going to enjoy fall this year.

Smiley List:

1-Having family members who are willing to watch the kids when I work.
2-Alek's natural mohawk.
3-The baby-talk voice Camden uses when he talks to Alek.
4-Jace's excitement to see Camden when he got home from school.

1 comment:

ClancyPants said...

Yay for Manic Monday! I love when new people start playing. It's such a fun idea. :)

That is interesting that you don't like fall very much, or shall I say, USED to not like fall very much!? Way to turn over a new leaf! :)

Happy Tuesday!