Wednesday, July 2, 2008

All Moved In

I usually feel like I have to be really creative to come up with things to blog about just to keep it updated once in a while. But right now I'm so behind I don't know if I'll ever feel caught up.

We we finally got moved and settled in. There are still a couple of boxes to unpack and lots of organizing to do but we are finally in our house and it feels great.

It took the kids a few days to get used to their new surroundings. The first couple of nights were kind of rough but it has gotten better since then. There are train tracks close by and the trains woke the kids up during the night at first; but now they sleep right through them. And I don't think Camden understood that living here was going to be permanent until we had been here for about a week or so. Every time we were on our way home from the store, library etc he would say, "Going home?" I would tell him that we were going home and then he would say, " Going home, big new house?" We had to keep telling him that when we were going home it was to the new house.

And so far Camden has only fallen down the stairs twice (he was near the bottom of the staircase both times, I think). You would think this would happen in the night. It seems like that would be the most likely time for him to lose his footing on the stairs. But both times it was during the day. The first time he was wearing Jace's bike helmet and I think that helped. The second time he was a little worse off. I'm not sure exactly what happened because at the time I was in the shower hoping no one would come to the door while I was in there, (we had contractors at the house off an on the first couple of days to finish up some odds and ends). Then started thinking about the fact that we have a gas range and I hoped the kids didn't play with it because there was a box sitting on top of the stove. I was picturing what I would do if the house burned down while I was in the shower when suddenly I hear Jace calling me frantically. His voice was very panicky and urgent. I thought for sure my fear was coming true and the kitchen was probably in flames. So when he told me that Camden fell down the stairs I was kind of relieved, until I saw Camden. He had cut his lip when he fell and had touched his mouth. Then he wiped his face and eyes to wipe away tears. By the time he got to me his face was a blood streaked mess. It took a minute to determine the source of the blood. It wasn't a deep cut and his lip was only a little bit swollen. So luckily it wasn't too bad.

Jace had a much easier time adjusting to the move. I think the best part for him is the fact that there are two boys next door close to his age. He made friends with these kids right away and has played with them almost every day since the move. They get along really well and have tons of fun together. It's great to have friends living close so that Jace can play with them often. And they even play in our yard sometimes, or I should say our lot. We haven't finished our yard yet but that doesn't stop the kids from being out there. They play in the dirt with their dump trucks and shovels like it's a giant sand box. I've never seen my kids so dirty. They leave a dirt ring in the tub every time they take a bath but at least they're having fun. And the best part is, it's July and I haven't heard "I'm bored" yet.

Once I get the house more organized and looking a little more put together I'll share some pictures. Hopefully it will be soon.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I'm glad you're there and starting to feel settled. Good luck with the organizing. It can be fun though, especially in a nice new house!

shana said...

Glad your getting all settled. That is great Jase has already made friends that are close. Jaxon has a friend his age on both sides of us...it makes it so nice!

Niesha said...

That is so exciting! You will have to post pictures ASAP! I can't wait to see them!