Sunday, January 20, 2008

Top Two Questions

The main things people have been asking me about lately come down to two unrelated topics. I decided to address these questions here because some of you may be wondering the same things.

The questions are:
1. Do you have a name for the baby yet?
2. When will your house be done?

The short answers are :
1. No
2. I don't know

Casey and I are famous for not agreeing on baby names. My family teases us that it's the only thing we fight about (which isn't that far off, we do get along really well.) Since we know we don't agree on names we just haven't spent much time discussing it. I have suggested names a few times but that's about it. But when I realized last week that we only have a couple more months before we will need a name, I made an attempt to discuss the matter a little more. Here's what happened.

I told Casey all the names I though of that I liked for our baby. Most of them Casey said 'no' to for one reason or another. That left us with a name he said was 'not bad' and another that he considers as a 'maybe'. There was one other name I left on the list because he said it was a 'stoner name'. But I challenged him on that because he told me on a different occasion that the same name sounded 'too preppy'. This turned into a story about someone he knew in high school who had that name; and this person was a 'preppy stoner.' (How could I not roll my eyes at that?) By now my list, reduced to just three names, wasn't looking too promising. I was trying to get Casey to participate a little more than that, so I asked him for some input as to what he liked. His first suggestion was Arthur. I said "Arthur?" He said, "Yeah, like King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table." Thanks Casey that's very helpful. I suggested a couple more names to see if there was anything out there he liked. Suddenly his face lit up and he suggested Lex Luther and then laughed really hard. We were done. I told Casey to think of some names that he likes so we could discuss it again another time. He answered with mock seriousness that he would put some thought into it. Do you see why we don't have a name for our baby yet?

As for the house, we really never got a date from the builder. When we started the whole process we thought we would be in our house by now. But one delay after another can really slow things down. Here are the most recent pictures we have.




As you can see they have finally started framing. After talking to the builder last week we learned that it will most likely be done in April. Just to be safe, I am using a broader time frame and saying April/May. Either way it won't be done before the baby comes which is something I was really hoping for. But that was before the weather, and other factors, slowed the process down so much. It was going to be so fun to have a cute little nursery all set up in our new house in time for the baby. But I guess he won't care. Besides, he'll be in our room at first anyway. We'll have his nursery when we need it. That's all that really matters.

3 comments:

Holly said...

If you're considering names like Lex Luther, why not go for a name of someone not just famous, but infamous? Something like Ghengis or Napoleon or Ivan? At least then you could say he's named after a real person, not just a comic book character...or do you actually know someone named Lex? =)

Niesha said...

I think that you should name him Sparticus Maximus! Yes...that will live on!
PS you house is looking Awesome!

Dona said...

I named my new dog Maximillion, cuz he is going to make us rich... So maximus is out.... But then, dont we all love Sparticus Maximus? He is a hottie, what is his name in real life? Whatever you do give him a name to really grow in to, one with a story behind it so he can be proud of it and have a story to break the ice with the girls, or when all else fails, a family name, of a great grandpa so he is connected to the past... I can just see you rolling your eyes at him about the preppy punk... grin. Xxoo Dona