Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The New Year

I can't believe it's 2008. It seems like last year just flew by and I'm sure this one will too. I never used to look back at the past year the way I do now. But I can't help but look at how much the kids have grown and changed since this time in 2007. I guess it's having kids that has made me more nostalgic about things. Camden was just a baby, only 9 months old, and now he is getting so big. He probably thinks he's 4 just like his big brother. He likes to copy everything Jace does and his favorite phrase is, "No, I do it, I do it!" Jace was just starting to go to Primary with the big kids a year ago; and now, just a year later he seems so grown up. He's already starting to read a little and will start kindergarten in the fall. Of course Casey and I have made progress too. Last year Casey transferred within the sheriff's office to the courthouse, which is a welcome change. And I graduated from college last May, just 10 years after finishing high school. (Yes, I know that's quite an accomplishment). Unfortunately it brings to mind a movie quote. "You know a lot of people go to college for seven years" "I know, they're called doctors" Oh well.


The new year has me looking forward too. Construction on our house continues (at a snails pace). Nevertheless we will move into a house sometime this year. We will also go from a family of four to a family of five. And I couldn't be more excited. Of course we have other plans for the new year and a handful of resolutions but what I love most about the new year is the potential it brings. I feel like anything could happen this year. Maybe exciting new adventures are in store for us. So happy new year everyone. Hopefully the year will bring you all that you hope for.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Love the new look!! You did a great job. Happy new year to you and your cute family.