We had a great Christmas. The new snow on Christmas Eve made everything look fresh and new and it really made it feel like Christmas. I also got a special Christmas surprise from work of all places. Since I had Thanksgiving off this year I was assigned to work on Christmas, but one of the other nurses wanted New Years Eve off and wanted to trade me for Christmas. I was more than happy to trade her and have the holiday off. It was great to be able to spend the day with my kids and not have to worry about work.
Of course we all got spoiled, the boys especially got a lot this year. We're still living in that state of after-Cristmas chaos where there are presents all over the living room and candy and treats are all over the kitchen. The boys got so many presents that they have some things that are still in the original packaging. They have opened several new toys today including a flexible track with battery operated cars that can easily become tangled in long hair if driven across mom's back (don't ask me how I know).
It usually takes a few days to get the house back to normal after Christmas but that adjustment could happen more quickly this time. I think that with this pregnancy I am starting to get into the nesting phase. When this happens, all clutter drives me nuts. In fact I'm already wanting to put all of the Christmas decorations away just so there isn't so much stuff around. And I fear for the kids' toys, especially a certain battery operated car. No, I won't really throw away the kids' new toys but some of their old ones may have to be sacrificed to make room for the new stuff. Hopefully I won't let my nesting get the best of me. Two year ago at this time I was at the same point during my pregnancy with Camden. We lost about half of our Christmas decorations to a nesting-induced cleaning fenzy.
Here are a few pictures of the kids from Christmas day.
Of course we all got spoiled, the boys especially got a lot this year. We're still living in that state of after-Cristmas chaos where there are presents all over the living room and candy and treats are all over the kitchen. The boys got so many presents that they have some things that are still in the original packaging. They have opened several new toys today including a flexible track with battery operated cars that can easily become tangled in long hair if driven across mom's back (don't ask me how I know).
It usually takes a few days to get the house back to normal after Christmas but that adjustment could happen more quickly this time. I think that with this pregnancy I am starting to get into the nesting phase. When this happens, all clutter drives me nuts. In fact I'm already wanting to put all of the Christmas decorations away just so there isn't so much stuff around. And I fear for the kids' toys, especially a certain battery operated car. No, I won't really throw away the kids' new toys but some of their old ones may have to be sacrificed to make room for the new stuff. Hopefully I won't let my nesting get the best of me. Two year ago at this time I was at the same point during my pregnancy with Camden. We lost about half of our Christmas decorations to a nesting-induced cleaning fenzy.
Here are a few pictures of the kids from Christmas day.
Camden got a new "bike."
Jace is showing me one of his Cars cars.
Camden had to try his new shoes on right away even though he was still wearing his pajamas.
Jace is holding up a big robot he got, complete with lights and sounds. (Thank you Aunt Carol)
Camden is so excited about his new big big ball. That's the perfect indoor toy to give at Christmas-time. Again, thank you Aunt Carol.
And here we have the disaster we like to call the living room.
No comments:
Post a Comment