Almost two weeks ago Camden hit his eyebrow on the window sill while he and Jace were playing on the bed. He needed 3 stitches and everything went fine. They told Casey (yes Casey took him to the ER and I stayed home with Jace) that they put in dissolvable stitches that would start to break up with in about 5 days. But here we are 12 days later and the stitches are still there nice and snug. I guess they didn't use the kind of stitches that dissolve after all. So with a pair of tiny scissors and tweezers I got 2 of them out yesterday and felt like the meanest parent in the world. I'll try the other one later today and see if I can get it out. If not, I guess we'll have to take him back to the hospital and let the professionals do it. Wait, I should be able to do it, I mean I am a nurse aren't I? Yeah, but apparently stitches aren't my strong suit.
The funny part about the whole incident was when we looked at Camden's injury to see how bad it was and if he would need stitches. Jace was sitting right there when we looked. I don't know if it was the sight of blood or the depth of the gash on his brother's eyebrow but it got to him. He cried harder about the whole thing than Camden did. And after seeing the injury up close he went into the bathroom and threw up. Poor kid. I guess he'll never be a doctor.
No comments:
Post a Comment