Thursday, July 26, 2007
Our 24th of July
We had a great 24th of July. It was fun to spend time with the kids and since I worked that day I tried to enjoy every minute we had together that evening. As soon as I got home we went and got dinner before heading to the park to watch fireworks. I was really torn between watching the fireworks and watching the kids faces as they stared in awe at the display before them. While patriotic music played in the backgroung we sat in silence and watched. Unfortunately I didn't plan well and didn't have the camera to capture the wonder of the kids' upturned faces and wide eyes as they took it all in. Of course this picturesque scenario didn't last long. Jace was obviously bored with the fireworks when about a minute into the show he said, "When are the fireworks going to be done?" And Camden rubbed his eyes off-and-on throughout the firework display. It was definitely past his bed time and he knew it. At the grand finale Jace had his hands over his ears and looked concerned. When they were finally done he asked why they did so many all at once. Four year-olds can be hard to impress. But all in all I think the kids had fun and Casey and I were glad we did something fun with the kids on the holiday. If nothing else it was a break for us from our normal daily routine. A much needed break.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment