Well we decided to do something fun for the kids last weekend since we had a long weekend; so I bought tickets for Day Out With Thomas. It's basically a ride on the
Heber Creeper and they put Thomas the Train on the front of it. I got tickets for Monday morning and the kids were so excited!
The lump in my coat is
Alek. He slept almost the whole time. Such a good baby.

We didn't get any really great pictures. They had it roped off and we were supposed to pay a professional photographer for pictures if we wanted them closer. It was $15 for two 5x7's, no thanks.

I couldn't get Camden to look at me until I asked him where my nose was. I was too cold to stand around and try to get a better picture.

It was rainy and cold on
monday but the tickets were non-refundable and the train ride would go on, rain or shine. Luckily the kids still had fun. (Casey and I weren't quite as enthusiastic about it.) In fact I didn't even know if the kids were having fun at first. Camden was petrified of the miniature horses at the petting zoo. And
Jace said he was cold almost as soon as we got there. They were pretty quiet on the train ride too, but as soon as it stopped
Jace said, "That was FUN!" (Of course Camden had to say it too.) I'm glad they liked it. Then
Jace and Camden each picked a flashlight from the gift shop before we left. But these seemingly harmless flashlights have whistles on the back of them! How did I not see that before we bought them? Casey and I need to look closer at the toys they pick. Luckily the kids were ready for lunch by the time the train ride was over so we were able to coax them into leaving so we could get something to eat.
After the whole thing was over with I told Casey the kids would probably have had just as much fun riding
trax downtown and it would have cost us about $60 less. Plus, we would have been in an enclosed train car instead of an open one. (Something that makes a huge difference on a rainy day.) Oh, well.
2 comments:
Well I think they did like it because that is all we heard about at Dads! They are so cute! I love love love Camdens little voice... he is such a crack up!
Hi Connie! That is so fun that you found me - I love reconnecting with old friends! Your blog is also cute and it looks like things are good for you. We talked about going to see Thomas but didn't quite make it. I'm glad your kids had fun!
Post a Comment