Or I guess I should say that I hope all you mom's out there had a happy Mother's Day. Mine was great. I was spoiled with roses, cards and gift cards. I even got a "diamond" ring that Jace picked out himself. He is so proud of it I can't not wear it even though it will probably turn my finger green eventually.
And I fully intended to post something about moms on Mother's Day. I spent some time on Saturday looking at various quotes and stories about moms and motherhood. But I decided I wanted to go with something original.
First, I want to let my own mom know how much I appreciate everything she did and still does for me. She has always been there for me and has always been someone I can lean on and talk to. Sometimes I'll have a question about the kids and Casey reminds me that I am a nurse as I dial the phone and call my mom so I can get her opinion on things. And she still totally spoils me. I bet I can count on one hand the number of times I've had to cook Sunday dinner since I've been married. My mom always makes dinner and dessert for quite a crowd on Sunday and she never complains about it. She's also patient, happy, understanding, funny, generous and thoughtful. She truly is an angel and I'm so blessed to have her in my life. I probably don't say it enough but I love you mom. She's also a wonderful grandma. She adores her grandkids and they love to spend time with her. She's always willing to watch them when we need a babysitter and it's so comforting to know that they are with the same person who raised me. I couldn't leave them in better hands. And I should also mention that she's a great mother in law. She is so loving and accepting of her son in law's. She takes them in and treats them like their own. Thanks mom, for everything
The other thing I want to do is list a few things I appreciate about being a mom. In my search for cute quotes or stories about motherhood I found one that was more of a list. It was titled, "You know you're a mom when." So I thought I would do my own list. Here's it is.
I know I'm a mom because...
- I can't drive anywhere without a crying kid in the back seat. In fact, if it's quiet, I worry that I've forgotten someone
- As soon as I try to use the phone or the bathroom all of my kids instantaneously need my immediate attention.
- Most of my best ideas come to me when I'm in the shower. it is usually the only quiet 10 minutes I get during the day. (although if I do get an un-interrupted shower I worry about the kids when I get out. What could they be up to?)
- When the primary kids sing on Mother's day I can't stop smiling. One of the kids up there is mine. He's the one who's only singing half of the words because he's not watching the music leader. He's smiling back at me as I try to see him through the tears in my eyes
- I get emotional when I see stories of sick, injured, or missing children. I hug my kids extra tight and feel so lucky to have them (even when they're being extra whiny.)
- I get excited about a "diamond" ring that will turn my finger green; and show it off as if it's the real thing because my son picked it out.
- When my son says, "mom, you look beautiful" I completely melt and I'm beaming for the rest of the day. you would have thought the compliment came from a top fashion critic, not my 4 year old.
Please feel free to add your own reasons you know you're a mom. And again, Happy Mother's Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment