I'm not sure that this really needs to be a separate post. But since the last post was so long, I decided to post this separately.
When it comes to naming babies, Casey and I have a hard time. We have very different naming styles and preferences. But we were pretty sure before our baby was born that we were going to name her Kenzie. In fact, that first day in the hospital, that's what we were telling everyone. But there was another name that came up at the last minute. I mean really the last minute.
On the way to the hospital while I was in labor, I said to Casey, "What do you think of the name Brynn?" He said he didn't like it because it looks like the name Bryan. Not much was discussed after that until late on the evening of the 26th. Casey was home and I was in the hospital. We talked on the phone before going to sleep and I asked Casey to at least consider the name Brynn. He didn't have to say yes right then, but I didn't want him to say no right away either. For some reason, with the name Kenzie I had pictured a little blond girl. But when our baby had lots of red in her hair, I felt like the name Brynn would fit her better somehow.
The rest of my hospital stay we were once again, undecided on a name for our baby. We had to decide between Brynn and Kenzie. It was so hard to decide. But after lots of uncertainty and indecisiveness, especially on my part, (Casey left the final decision up to me) we finally decided on the name Brynn Casey. And the birth certificate paperwork was filled out just two short hours before we went home. But I couldn't be happier with her name. I love the way it looks and sounds. And I love that she has her Daddy's name for a middle name.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is John. She is so cute, and I love her name. Brynn is very cute. I always knew that Casey was a girls name.
Post a Comment