Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Jace's Birthday


I feel terrible that this post is so late. I usually try to get at least a little something on the blog right on the actual Birthday of each of my kids, but this summer has just been flying by.

Jace turned 6 on June 21st. Not only is his birthday on the first day of summer, but he also shared his birthday with Father's Day this year.

This was the first time he had a friend party instead of just a family party. We had planned a party at the park around the corner from our house. That way, if we ran out of activities, the kids could just play at the playground. But as luck would have it, it rained the day of his party. So we partied at home and the kids seemed to have lots of fun. There were lots of the typical party games and of course a pinata followed by cake and ice cream.





We also celebrated with my family right on Father's day. We sang Happy Birthday to Jace and had cake and ice cream again, but my dad and Casey also got presents. It was so fun to have so much to celebrate. It really made for a fun day.

Here are a few things about Jace at 6 years old.
  • He loves to learn and is always asking questions about how things work or what things mean.
  • He is such a friendly, happy kid. He makes friends easily and even strikes up conversations with complete strangers everywhere we go.
  • He's also a generous friend. I have watched him give away hot wheels and or money from his piggy bank several times this summer. And he is so happy when he does it.
  • He's a good big brother. He's especially good at watching out for Alek.
  • He loves the Bible and Book of Mormon stories. He asks for me to read him a story out of the illustrated children's versions almost every night for his bedtime story.
  • Jace really loves math and gets the concepts pretty easily. Between counting his money in his piggy bank and figuring out golf scores, he is really good at simple math concepts like adding and subtracting. It's fun to watch him figure things out.
  • I love watching him golf. He never ceases to amaze me with that sport. I've had so much fun watching him compete in tournaments this summer.
  • He has such a great relaxed way of talking about golf with others like it's a sport every kid plays. He knows he's good but he doesn't know how great he really is which is probably a good thing.


I love Jace so much and I'm both proud and honored to be his mom. He's such an amazing kid and I hope I can raise him accordingly. Happy (late) birthday Jace! I hope you have a wonderful year!

No comments: