Monday, March 16, 2009

Manic Monday: Party

What a perfect word for manic Monday. Today we had a fantastic party. We celebrated Alek and Camden's birthdays at our house tonight with lots of family. What made it even more fun was that we also celebrated the birthdays of two of the family members who came too. So, what's better than a birthday party for four? Pictures of that birthday party.

I captured pictures of Camden and Alek opening presents. I had the most darling pictures of Camden and his cousin Cambree with their arms around each other, and pictures of Alek who stopped repeatedly to pose and give a big cheesey smiles. Then there were my favorite pictures. Pictures of everyone with their cakes. There were some really great shots of the kids blowing out their candles and Alek picking the frosting off of his cake and making a mess.

So, why am I describing these pictures instead of just posting them? The answer to that is simple. I had a momentary brain lapse amid all the hustle and bustle of the party. I quickly grabbed the camera when it was time to take pictures, forgetting that the camera's memory card was not in the camera. The pictures I took all evening were taken in the camera's "demo" mode. And they were stored temporarily. The camera allowed me to take pictures and showed me how they looked afterward. Unfortunately, every time the camera is turned off, the pictures disappear.

So you can probably imagine my surprise and disappointment when I discovered that we now have NO pictures of the party. That is why I am now begging those who were at the party and used a camera, with a memory card, to please share any pictures you have with my kids in them. Even if my kids are only in the background or if half of their face is cut off because you were trying to get a picture of someone else, I'll take it. I need some kind of photographic documentation of Alek's first and Camden's third birthdays.

4 comments:

Holly said...

I'm so sorry about your pictures. Losing pics is so frustrating, especially when it has to do with kids. Hope you get some good ones from you family!

Finny said...

That makes me want to cry :( I'll go through my camera and see what i have.

shana said...

I will give you all I have...they are probably all of Cambree, although I think I got a good one of her and Camden with their cheesy smiles. I hope Chantel got some of Alec's cute cheesy smile. Anyway, I haven't even got around to downloading them yet, I'll get on that! Thanks for hosting the party, it was fun!

Christy said...

Oh no! NO camera should have a "demo" mode! That's horrible.