Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Camden

My kids seem to be growing up so fast these days. Camden turned 3 today, and somehow it seems like just yesterday he was a newborn baby sleeping in my arms. He is such a funny kid with the silliest personality. He always keeps us laughing and he always seems to be happy.

Here's a little bit about Camden at 3 years old:
  • He loves to play with his brothers. When Jace plays with Camden he is just in heaven, but he also plays really well with Alek. He is really sweet with him, for the most part. (Everyone has their moments.)
  • Even though he loves to play with Jace, he also loves to bug him. He really knows how to get Jace upset and seems to enjoy doing it more often than I'd like.
  • He can't stop talking about going to preschool. He wears his backpack around as much as possible. It is often worn with a bike helmet for some reason.
  • When he says he smells something he makes it sound like he is the thing that smells. He will say, "I smell like a skunk, I smell like brownies," or, "Mom, what do I smell like?"
  • His favorite color is still pink. He wants a pink bike helmet to go with his trike he got for his birthday.
  • Camden calls Gatorade "Alligator." He also calls elevators alligators. But after saying see ya later, he says crocodile.
  • For some reason he is terrified of animals. We don't know where this came from but he is quite terrified, to phobic proportions, of dogs, cats, ducks and even baby chicks. Insects also scare him if they are large or get too close.
  • He has some pretty creative ideas/aspirations. Last week he said he wants to be a shark when he grows up. Jace said that he wants to be a professional golfer when he grows up. Camden's reply was priceless. He said, "And we can go swimming together and I will eat you."
  • He recently went through a phase where his middle name was Bob. Everyone in our house also had Bob for a middle name. So we would go through the day calling each other Camden Bob, Mommy Bob, Jace Bob etc. When he would wake up from his nap, he would stand at the top of the stairs and say, "Guess who's awake?" I would ask who and he would say, "Camden Bob." with kind of a sing-song voice and a sneaky grin
  • Some of his favorite things right now are Spiderman, dinosaurs, football, basketball, play-dough, and painting. His favorite foods are mac 'n cheese, fruit snacks, ice cream, and pretty much any kind of candy.
  • Camden loves to sing and knows quite a few songs. He can sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Popcorn Popping, Happy Family, and a handful of others. He really likes the song You Are My Sunshine, and occasionally sings it to me. Sometimes he replaces the word Sunshine with Mommy. I love it.
  • And here's one more thing he said recently. He gave me a huge hug out of the blue and after kissing me on the cheek, he said, "I love you, you're my best mommy."

I love watching Camden grow and learn more every day. He's such a sweet kid and has such a funny sense of humor. He definitely keeps me busy, but I have a lot of fun with him too. I love you so much my little Camden Bug. Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

ClancyPants said...

I got a chuckle out of his grand aspirations of being a shark when he grows up! But then I laughed for a full minute at Jace being a pro-golfer followed by this: "And we can go swimming together and I will eat you."

Thanks for that chuckle. Thanks to Connie for writing it, and thanks to Camden for saying it. I really needed that tonight. :)

I also laughed out loud at the Camden Bob, Mommy Bob, etc. Too funny!

Niesha said...

Looks like you have quite the character on your hands! And I bet that he keeps your hands full and busy. Reading this was such a good way to start my Tuesday morning. Sorry I couldn't come to the party, I couldn't leave work early enough to make it. Hopefully I can make it next year!

Holly said...

Kids are the best. He definately sounds like a keeper! I might just keep that middle name for you. Bob is nice and short like my adopted middle name of Jo.

Finny said...

I remember the whole Bob thing...that is too funny. I love that little Camden to pieces. Every time we see him he makes me smile. Happy Happy Birthday Camden Bob!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Camden! What a cute kid. I love how he smiles for the camera. And, see ya later crocidile? Haha, that is priceless! I love it!