Monday, December 8, 2008
Manic Monday: Light
Do you know what I love? Daylight Savings time. So why does it have to go away for four short months and throw off everyone's schedules and make winter feel so long...and dark...and dreary? Why can't we leave our clocks set to daylight savings time all year round and have a little extra evening light in the winter as well? Arizona does just the opposite, they don't participate in daylight savings time at all and leave their clocks the same all year round. And I don't see any reason why we couldn't do the same thing, or actually the opposite. Just something I think about sometimes in the winter when I look out the window and notice how dark it's getting only to discover it isn't even 5:00 in the evening. Sigh. Ok, my rant is over, thanks for letting me get that off my chest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am not a fan of daylight savings. At least not of changing our clocks all the time. Why can't we just leave things the way God planned them? I can maybe understand people who live in the eastern part of the time-zone doing it, but we live so far west it just doesn't make sense here. I love how Arizona and Hawaii don't participate and wish we could follow suit. One way or the other, just some consistency would be nice. Thanks for your rant.
I like to shake things up... I'm a fan. I do understand what you're saying, but you know...
I have a friend who has an eye disease called Retnitus Pigmentosa (sp?) and she can't see at night. I'm grateful that we have the summer daylight savings for her sake. She loves the longer daylight into the night hours.
Post a Comment