1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. It just isn't as fun to open a present when it's in a bag.
2. Real tree or artificial tree? Real this year but we've used a fake one in the past.
3. When do you put up your tree? We don't have a specific day we get tree up every year. We usually try to get it up sometime during the first week of December.
4. When do you take the tree down? Between Christmas and New Years.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but only in small increments and it has to be "watered" down with milk.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I was four or five years old and it was a Strawberry Shortcake doll that gave off a strawberry smell from her mouth when you squeezed her stomach. So I guess it was a burping doll?
7. Hardest person to buy for? It's a tie between my dad and my brother.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, I have two of them but only one is out. It's a Fisher-Price one and the kids love it. I don't have anywhere to put my other one where my kids can't get to it.
10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? I have mailed Christmas cards in the past but I'm not very consistent with it. Probably not going to happen this year.
11. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story; you know, the one with Ralphie.
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I usually do it all in December. Maybe one of these years I'll be organized and get it done early.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so but I know we recycled some of our wedding gifts.
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Pumpkin cookies. But they are a year-round favorite for me. So...my favorite thing to eat at Christmas would have to be...homemade toffee. I also really love Christmas cookies and my mom's almond poppy seed cake with orange glaze. Mmmmm.
15. Lights on the tree? Actually, at the moment we don't have any lights on the tree. Our tree is a lot bigger this year than the one we had last year and we need to get some more lights for it.
16. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay Home
18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen; and, of course, Rudolph. Yup!
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? I want a star for the tree but I haven't found the perfect one yet, so right now we don't have anything on top.
20. Do you open Presents Christmas eve or Christmas day? We let the kids open one present on Christmas Eve but everything else is saved for Christmas Day.
21. The most annoying thing about this time of year? People's intolerance of those not of their religion celebrating a holiday.
22. Favorite ornament theme and color? Simple, classic, old-fashioned. I like the tree to be really colorful but I especially like the way red ornaments look against the green tree.
23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? My brother makes a fantastic deep fried turkey injected with spicy seasonings.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Snow
25. Favorite Christmas tradition? It's so hard to decide, definitely something with the kids; maybe making Christmas cookies or going to see the Christmas lights. (I may come back and change this one if I think of something better.)
I'm going to tag my cousins on this one. Tiffanee, Mckelle, Monica, Pam and Carlye
PS: Did anyone else notice there's no question number 8?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Mmmmm toffee. I'm reminded of when you made it last year. Oh man that stuff is good. No question 8, haha. I didn't notice!
I'm with you on the eggnog mixed with milk. If you drink eggnog on its own, then it's so thick you practically have to CHEW it!
Glad you like your nativity! We have ours up and every day Cambree plays with the Mommy, the Daddy, and baby Jesus. I had it all set up (just like one the box)and she rearranges it every day. That's why I love it, she can play with it and it doesn't get ruined. My only fear is that she is going to loose one of the main characters! P.S. I did notice no #8, should we make up our own.
Glad you like your nativity! We have ours up and every day Cambree plays with the Mommy, the Daddy, and baby Jesus. I had it all set up (just like one the box)and she rearranges it every day. That's why I love it, she can play with it and it doesn't get ruined. My only fear is that she is going to loose one of the main characters! P.S. I did notice no #8, should we make up our own.
Post a Comment