Sunday, November 30, 2008

Pure Thanksgiving

Even though Thanksgiving has come and gone, I couldn't just ignore it's passing. Thanksgiving truly is my favorite holiday of this time of the year. I love that there just isn't as much hype and over-inflation of expectations leading up to the holiday; as is the case with many other holidays. Thanksgiving is truly it's own day. A day for families to spend time together, a time for good food, a time for relaxation and most importantly, a time to reflect on the blessings we enjoy.

I can't think of a better tribute to Thanksgiving than a special edition Thanksgiving Smiley List, so here's a list of things that made me smile this Thanksgiving:

-The way Alek's two little teeth look when he shares one of his infectious smiles.
-Camden's excitement for Thanksgiving Day, and every other day too.
-Jace thinking he could eat an entire turkey leg.
-Casey had a nice long weekend off from work.
-I was unexpectedly called off from work Thanksgiving night.
-My mom's beautiful place settings with nothing less than her good china.
-Everyone's hard work to pull the dinner together beautifully despite a couple of minor setbacks.
-Watching my dad be a grandpa.
-True love.
-Tradition.
-Indulgence.

1 comment:

ClancyPants said...

"I love that there just isn't as much hype and over-inflation of expectations leading up to the holiday; as is the case with many other holidays. Thanksgiving is truly it's own day. A day for families to spend time together, a time for good food, a time for relaxation and most importantly, a time to reflect on the blessings we enjoy."

Well said, my friend. Well said.