I don't know if the changes to this blog will be obvious right away or not but I thought I'd give anyone who reads this blog a little heads up. I originally started this blog as a creative outlet for myself. And some of my early posts served that purpose well. I incorporated my personality into my posts. But after a while they became much more generic and void of personality. I guess I was afraid I would look/sound like a dork if I typed what and how I wanted to. The posts have primarily been about the kids and I even declined when blog-tagged by fellow blogging friends. I now feel bad about that and realize that maybe my blog (and I) could use a little more of that.
In order for this blog to be the creative outlet I need, I am going to try to use it in a different way. I need to be a part of it, not just the author. This probably doesn't make sense to anyone reading this but that's exactly what I mean. I need this to be a sounding board of my thoughts. I need it to be something where I can type about whatever I did any given day and not feel like it's not interesting enough, like it isn't "blogworthy." I think I'll be the judge of that from here on out.
Of course I will still post entries about fun family activities we do, complete with pictures and captions but there will be more to it than just that. It may gradually evolve over time. Or you may suddenly wonder what happened to my writing ability. But I don't want to type the way I think people will enjoy my blog the most, I need to type how I would tell the story if I were telling it out loud. It needs to be written the way it sounds and looks in my head when I think it through.
I need to feel like what I think and want to share is important too, not just the family activities we do and the milestones my kids are reaching. I realized I need to grow a little and do something for myself and this is it.
So, this warning may not have been necessary but I wanted to get my ideas out. Just consider this my first post of my new blogging format.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you!!! I've been reading through from most recent to this post so I've only read POST this post (ha!).
I totally know what you mean in this post. My blog has been an evolution since I started it almost a year ago. It has turned into a very fond friend of mine. I love it, and it loves me. :D If you read my first few posts, you can definitely see how it's changed. Anyway, I'm glad you are doing it for you. That's awesome stuff, and you're an awesome lady! (isn't it weird that we're "ladies" now or women if you prefer... I still think of you as a 14 year old kid since that's around that last time I really spent any time with you! Fun to reconnect as adults!)
Post a Comment