Monday, September 29, 2008

Manic Monday

NUTS

Manic Monday is a new thing for me. It's basically a creative writing exercise where you use the word provided, in your blog post. For a better description of it you can go to the blog of the person who started it by clicking here. I think I'll give it a try for a while and see how I like it.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the Manic Monday word for today is a game Camden likes to play. It's really simple, here's how it goes. First Camden says, "You're a nut." The only acceptable response is, "You're a nut." That's it. I don't know why he likes it so much but it really cracks him up. He starts laughing really hard after a couple of exchanges and then it just starts getting louder as anyone within earshot starts to play. Pretty soon everyone joins in, calling each other nuts. His laugh and excitement for the game are contagious. That kids is too funny. So, when that "game" is being played I am surrounded by a bunch of nuts.

And here's my smiley list for today.
1.The following exchange between Camden and me: I said, "Camden come look at this bug, it's a katydid." Camden stoops and looks at it. Without taking his eyes off of the insect he said, "What did Katie do?"
2. This conversation between Jace and me.
Jace: I love you mom.
Me: I love you too Jace.
Jace: Mom, when I say I love you, I get a warm feeling in my heart.
Me: I get one for you too.
3.When Alek is trying to crawl around in his crib when he wakes up from his naps.
4.The beautiful blue sky this morning.

1 comment:

ClancyPants said...

SO cute! Things like your "nut" game are the things that make the best memories. Forget the Christmas presents, the toys, the new shoes... it's those stories we remember, huh!? So cute to get glimpses into your life.

And how cute are your smiley list items! "What did Katie do"... LOL! And I get a warm feeling in my heart reading that Jace bit!

Blogging is amazing, isn't it!