Friday, April 25, 2008

Fast Forward

Have you ever been in a situation where you wish life would just fast forward from where you are to where you want to be? Scenes in the movies always do that. In one scene they are just starting a major project. Then, the very next scene shows them just putting the finishing touches on everything. Well that's what I want to happen with our house.

We went down to see it today and there wasn't as much progress as I was hoping for. While the kids ran around, yelling in the empty, echoing house I stood in the great room, roughly where our couch will be, and closed my eyes. I imagined the house being finished. I pictured us enjoying a nice evening at home. Casey and I are sitting on the couch while the kids play quietly together on the floor. (Hey, I'm imagining; and I can at least imagine that the kids know how to play quietly.)

But since I haven't figured out how to get life to fast-forward to the good parts, I'll continue to wait as patiently as I can for our house to be completed. Instead, I'll do my best to enjoy all of the good parts of life I have going on right now. I have a wonderful husband who puts up with my goofiness and loves me despite my flaws. And my boys are the best. Jace is such a smart, sweet-hearted kid who loves his baby brother more than anything. Camden is such a happy, good natured kid who always keeps us laughing. And Alek will definitely grow out of this fun newborn stage before I'll be ready for it. I guess I should apply the phrase Camden came up with to my own life and try and be, "super duper big big happy."

2 comments:

shana said...

I love the saying "joy in the journey" but boy it's hard, I'm not the best at being patient in alot of areas, especially when the end result is better than where you are at the time. Your house will be done before you know it!

Jessica said...

Believe me I know how you feel. You'll just appreciate it and love it that much more! :) I'm excited for you guys.