The week of Thanksgiving I had a doctor's appointment. I was far enough along to be able to see baby's gender. Unfortunately my appointment was cancelled due to my doctor being away at a delivery. But a couple of days later, We were able to get in with the doctor and he did a quick ultrasound to see if we could tell baby's gender. It turns out, everyone was right. It's a girl!
I was really surprised. Pregnancy #4 felt about the same as all of my other pregnancies and I just assumed I would have another boy. I was not expecting him to say it's a girl. What an adventure this will be!
Jace and Camden were both predicting/hoping for a boy. But all Alek could talk about was having a, "sister baby." I got a balloon at the hospital that said it's a girl and gave it to the boys to tell them they would soon have a sister. I was expecting some disappointment from the older boys but they were actually fine with it and seemed excited. But Alek's reaction was the sweetest.
Here's how our conversations went that day:
Me: Alek the doctor looked at the baby in my tummy and it's going to be a sister baby.
Alek: A sister baby for me?
Me: Yes honey, a sister baby for you.
Alek: Yay! A sister baby for me in your belly!
Me: Yes!
Alek: Oh mommy, She will be so pretty!
I didn't even know he knew the word pretty. it's not a word that gets used a lot in a house full of boys. His reaction was so sweet and sincere. It still brings tears to my eyes when I think about it. What a sweet boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment