We also gave him a cupcake and sang to him right on his birthday since the party at my parents' house didn't happen that day.
Good thing he had help blowing out his candles. Thanks Jace.
I can't believe how much he's grown up. I still call him my baby but he hardly looks like a baby these days. He's nearly as big as Camden and of course he thinks he's at least as old as Jace. He definitely stands up for himself and doesn't let anyone boss him around, not even Casey and me. And he's VERY independent. The best way to get him to do something is to tell him you'll just do it. He immediately springs into action and says, "I do it! I do it!"
Alek's favorite word is No! This is probably quite common for a 2 year old. But he also loves to say, No Way!
Here are some other things Alek is saying and doing these days.
- He loves to say, "Appy Day Day" (Happy Birthday)
- "Night night, Love you too!" (He says that at least twenty times a night after you put him to bed. He also likes to have his blanket carefully placed on his back and his stuffed frog's back at least twice before falling asleep.)
- He loves to tell everyone bye and follows it with, "love you too." The workers at the grocery store love it.
- He likes to check and see if his shoes have dirt on the bottom of them after taking them off. If they do he says, "Ewwww yuck!" Then he feigns a rather loud gag.
- Alek loves trains. That's what inspired this cake...
- He's always so genuinely excited to see Casey and me when one of us comes home from work and he always loves when his brothers come home from school. In fact, he has really become attached to Camden lately. He wanted to go to primary with Camden on Sunday instead of the nursery. It was really sweet.
- He tries to go potty before taking a bath. Since he wants to be like the big boys he stands at the toilet and pushes his tummy out for a few seconds before saying, "All done!" and jumping into the bathtub.
- Alek loves splashing in the bathtub and jumping in puddles. He is a huge fan of water. He even likes to drink it.
- I don't think he has a favorite toy right now, as long as his brothers play with him he's happy. But he has a little frog that he sleeps with. he calls it "Ribbit"
- And I can't think of a favorite food for Alek either. I guess as long as it's sweet he's happy. He has a major sweet tooth.




1 comment:
Happy Birthday Alek! What a cute boy! And Connie, I absolutely love the cake!! What a creative idea!
Post a Comment