Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day Of School

Jace started kindergarten this year. Of course he's only two days into the school year but so far he loves it.
Camden thought he was going to start Kindergarten this year too. When we took Jace to the school for back to school night Camden followed him around and copied everything Jace did. Then when we saw a school bus a couple of days later Camden said, "I want to get on the bus too." So when Jace got ready on Monday, Camden put his backpack on too.
I took Jace to school and stayed (along with all of the other paparazzi parents) until he lined up with his class and went inside. He wasn't hesitant at all. In fact, he probably wondered why I was hanging around for so long. I didn't cry when I left but I did have tears in my eyes as I got into the car. He seems so grown up.
Once again, Camden though he was being left out. When I started to drive away he said in a pouty voice, "I'm big as Jace"

Jace came home on the bus home. He thought that was really fun.

Camden was glad to have Jace home.

It's weird to think that even though Jace seems so big now that he's starting school; someday I'll look back at these pictures and be amazed at how small he was when he was in kindergarten.

(Disclaimer: Jace's shirt isn't dirty. I smudged part of the picture because his shirt has the name of his school on it. Just a safety precaution since this isn't a private blog.)

2 comments:

Holly said...

Congrats! Good job keeping you emotions in check. When Emma goes to school I'll probably be crying so much that the other moms will ignore their own kindergartener just to come console me. =) Is his school half day or all day? If it's half day is it mornings or afternoons?

Niesha said...

Yeah... I had to send Zack off to school and it was tough! What a huge milestone for you and him! But I am glad to see that you took it like a champ!